The function of an advisory board is to offer assistance to the Teen Council Presidency.
Advisory boards are composed of highly motivated individuals that can offer advice and perspective. They will meet with the Teen Council Presidency to plan and promote 4-H in Beaver County.
Their areas of responsibility other than offering council will be:
County Contests (1)
The function of an committee chairperson is to take the lead of a committee to plan and facilitate an activity.
Activities that need chairpersons are:
1. Rak Week, February
· This is a new idea for us this year. We could team up with the schools. Committee will develop this idea
2. Make a difference day
· On Feb 29 of last year—Make a Difference Day—because this year we had an extra day, we wanted to make a difference. We had all the school students bring 29 cents to school—we then gathered the $ and donated it to a local young man who has a rare liver disease. Committee will develop this idea
3. Make cookies for police and fire fighters
4. Homemade valentine cards for long term care
5. Activities for 5th and 6th grade youth